ConocoPhillips (COP) and its partners plan to invest about 20 billion Norwegian crowns ($2.11 billion) to restart production at three fields in the Greater Ekofisk area, Reuters said Friday, citing plans submitted to the Norwegian government on Friday.
The report said the project, called Previously Produced Fields, will restart output at the Albuskjell, Vest Ekofisk and Tommeliten Gamma fields, which were shut down in 2019.
The company estimates the fields still contain between 90 million and 120 million barrels of oil equivalent, mainly natural gas and condensate, Reuters said
It added that ConocoPhillips holds a 35.1% stake in Albuskjell and Vest Ekofisk and 28.3% in Tommeliten Gamma.
First gas production is expected in Q4 2028.
ConocoPhillips did not immediately respond to MT Newswires' request for comment.
(Market Chatter news is derived from conversations with market professionals globally. This information is believed to be from reliable sources but may include rumor and speculation. Accuracy is not guaranteed.)